Welcome to the tastiest day of the year
When: Saturday, June 11th from 11am-2pm
Where: The Brookside Model Home Gallery- 4863 W. Fish Hook Rd. (Take Bangerter Highway to 10400 S. Head West and follow the signs.)
Like a meal at a fancy restaurant, this year’s What’s Cooking event will serve up one delicious thing after another — including the homes of Daybreak’s Brookside Model Home Gallery. So start early and take it one bite at a time …
• Culinary demonstrations and free samples. From some of the southwest valley’s favorite restaurants.
• The Iron Pig “Battle of Champions.” Watch as top chefs frantically prepare an entrée and a desert, vying for the coveted (and rather heavy) Iron Pig trophy.
• People’s Choice Award. Sample spectacular dishes from several splendid chefs and vote for your favorite.
• Live music. What goes better with food than toe tappin’ tunes?
• Healthy kid fun. We’re going to let kids make their own delicious, nutritious take home snacks. Chef’s hats, cookbooks and coloring books for all the participants.
• Free aprons. We’ve learned that for some people, What’s Cookin’ aprons have become collectors items. Come collect yours!
Watch the dramatic finish of the Daybreak Triathlon. Come around 10:30 to see who breaks the tape, and if you’re really an early bird, you’ll want to be there for the open water swim portion which begins in Oquirrh Lake at 8 am.