Daybreak is planned on a 5-minute rule, which places all kinds of good stuff within a 5-minute walk of home—including schools—like American Academy of Innovation (AAI) located near Creekside and Heights Park villages. AAI offers students in grades 6 to 12 a blended academic program using project based learning and Career & Technological Education (CTE) courses to develop skills that prepare students for success in the global market-place.
Project Based Learning
Teachers at AAI help students solve real-world problems, in a dynamic setting to acquire deeper knowledge through exploration.
Rather than simply memorize facts or learning to successfully take tests, AAI teach students how to:
- Think, both critically and creatively
- Collaborate, both as leaders and as part of a team
- Communicate, both in speaking and in writing
- Be technically literate – not only to be familiar with what technology is but also how to select the right tech-based tools to solve specific problems
- Research a subject or a problem thoroughly
- Take initiative and direct their own learning
- Interact with mentors, teachers, and business leaders to learn about how to be successful in an ever-changing and exciting world
Learn more about the educational philosophy at AAI.