American Academy of Innovation (AAI), a public charter school located in Daybreak, recently announced a partnership with CHOICE Humanitarian, a non-profit organization that focuses on sustainable development in seven impoverished countries. This partnership allows students to participate in real-world projects and refine their skill set using the CHOICE Model of Leadership Development.
Watch American Academy of Innovation on Fresh Living, here.
American Academy of Innovation
AAI offers students in grades 6-12 a blended academic program using project-based learning and Career & Technological Education (CTE) courses to develop skills that prepare students for success in the global market-place.[/fusion_text][imageframe lightbox=”no” lightbox_image=”” style_type=”none” hover_type=”none” bordercolor=”” bordersize=”0px” borderradius=”0″ stylecolor=”” align=”none” link=”” linktarget=”_self” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” hide_on_mobile=”no” class=”” id=””] [/imageframe][fusion_text]Rather than simply memorize facts or learning to successfully take tests, AAI teach students how to:
- Think, both critically and creatively
- Collaborate, both as leaders and as part of a team
- Communicate, both in speaking and in writing
- Be technically literate – not only to be familiar with what technology is but also how to select the right tech-based tools to solve specific problems
- Research a subject or a problem thoroughly
- Take initiative and direct their own learning
- Interact with mentors, teachers, and business leaders to learn about how to be successful in an ever-changing and exciting world
Learn more about the educational philosophy at AAI.[/fusion_text]